Ads space

AD BANNER

Trending Now

Why I married myself – Messi

A 40-year-old Italian woman, Laura Messi, who married herself in grand style with a three-layer-cake, bridesmaids and 70 wedding guest, has explained her motive for doing so.

According to her, she started nursing the idea of sologamy after her 12-year relationship ended two years ago.

La Repubblica newspaper reports that although the ceremony has no legal weight, Messi told the media on her wedding day: “I firmly believe that each of us must, first of all, love ourselves. You can have a fairy tale, even without the prince.

“I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday, I would marry myself.

“If, one day, I find a man with whom I can plan a future, I’ll be happy, but my happiness does not depend on him.”

The newspaper further reports that Messi, who claims to be the first Italian woman to hold a solo wedding ceremony, acknowledged that solo weddings might not be for everyone.

To marry yourself, she says, you need a certain amount of money, the support of those around you, and, above all, “a pinch of madness.”

She also mentioned that someone once called her a sad feminist.

No comments